When you have a problem with your roof, particularly one that may require a complete replacement, you may decide it’s time to learn more about this home feature and what caused it to fail. You might be especially concerned if you’ve been told that you need to replace not only the shingles on your roof but also the roof plywood beneath them! What caused your roof to be so badly damaged?
Roofs are frequently taken for granted, particularly in Denver, where the lack of rain makes us less concerned about leak protection. The majority of homeowners have no idea how to maintain, repair, or even inspect their roofs. If you don’t know what can cause roof damage, you don’t know how to protect your roof from it, contact All Seasons Roofing and Restoration for Metal Roofing and Restoration Denver.
Well, not to worry. This guide will explain what makes a roof need to be replaced.
What Are The Signs You Need A New Roof?
There are numerous indicators that you require a new roof or, at the very least, major repairs. They are as follows:
- Major leaks: Because major leaks can permanently damage your roof sheathing and the structure of your home, you may need a new roof.
- Missing shingles: This could indicate that the adhesive on your shingles has worn out due to age.
- Loose granules: It’s normal for a few granules to fall out of the shingles after they’ve been installed. After that, loose granules indicate that the shingles are beginning to deteriorate.
- Ripped and curling shingles: These issues could indicate that your shingles are beginning to fail due to age. They could also be the result of damage (in which case repair maybe your best option). For a Commercial and Residential Metal Roofing Denver at the best price, call All Seasons Roofing and Restoration.
- Excessive humidity: Moisture must be vented from your roof. If it can’t, the humidity will damage its wooden sheathing permanently (and other parts of your home).
- A roof that is more than 12 years old: If not properly maintained, a typical asphalt roof lasts about 12 years. It may be more cost-effective to replace an old roof rather than keep repairing it.
- Sunken or swollen: Unusual rises or dips in the roof surface could indicate a serious underlying problem, such as rotten supports or moisture collecting beneath the shingles.
These are the signs you need a new roof.
Contact All Seasons Roofing and Restoration
Do you have more questions about your roof, why it’s leaking, and whether it needs to be repaired or replaced? The experienced professionals at All Seasons Roofing and Restoration can answer your questions. We provide you with honest, expert assessments and the best advice possible. Get in touch with us at (970) 227-3651. We serve entire Northern Colorado to Cheyenne Wyoming and more!